You may want to send e-mail from Hotmail using your @ulyssis.org address, or another domain name that you use for your account. Hotmail allows you to do this by configuring a few settings. Because you should only be able to send mails from an e-mail address you actually own, make sure that you configured receiving mails before starting this process. Hotmail will send a confirmation mail to the provided e-mail address to confirm that you own it.
Note that Outlook's SMTP will still add your original address as "Sender" in the mail headers. Depending on the recipient's mail client, he might still see this. If you use a local mail client, you might be able to avoid this by using a custom SMTP server.
- Click on the gear icon at the top right and search for Connected accounts (Dutch: Verbonden accounts).
- On this page, you see the title Email aliases (Dutch: E-mailaliassen) with a link Manage or choose a primary alias (Dutch: Primaire alias beheren of kiezen) below. Click it. You will have to log in again to proceed.
- Click on Add Email (Dutch: E-mailadres toevoegen) and choose the second option: Add an existing email address as a Microsoft account alias (Dutch: Een bestaand e-mailadres als een Microsoft-accountalias toevoegen). Fill in the e-mail address you want to use to send mail from, and click Add alias (Dutch: Alias toevoegen)
- At this point, you should receive an e-mail on the address you just provided. It will contain a URL to confirm adding the alias. Click it.
- At this point, you have confirmed that you are the owner of the e-mail address. Congratulations, you can now use it to send mail!