Setting up Joomla
Installing Joomla on our servers is definitely easy
Installing Joomla on our servers is definitely easy.
You download the install components from the http://joomla.org joomla-site.
Here you get a compressed file (.zip) which you have to extract..
You get a folder with files, those files (so no the folder) you copy via filezilla or an other ftp programme to your www-map on your shellaccount.
Afterwards you go to your account, I.E username.ulyssis.be, here you get a notification telling you your MySQL database needs to be configured. The fist part is the "main configuration" which will be individual for every user.
Afterwards click on Next which will prompt you for your database credentials & information:
- Databasetype: Select MySQL from the dropdown.
- Hostname: this is the location of the database server, use
- Username: this is the name you gave during the creation of your mysql account, often this is the same as your username with ULYSSIS.
- password: the password hat you gave during the creation of your mysql account
- You don't change the last two fields
When you're done click on “Next” twice since ftp is already configured. Here you can see the last few details.
Afterwards the install will run by it own and thats it, you installed Joomla.
Setting up multiple instances of Joomla
If you want to have multiple instances of a Joomla site then you the create a new folder in your homedir from your shell account. You need a new virtual host, you can send us an email and we will create one for you.
After your new virtual host is ready, you need to do all the same steps as for a regular Joomla installation.
Another option is to use the Joomla multisite option.