ULYSSIS public IRC
ULYSSIS hosts its own IRC server. (IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat, IRC on wikipedia)
Contact us on IRC
The public channel is simply called ulyssis, if you have a question, you can use IRC as a fast way to contact us. Details:
Server: irc.ulyssis.org Channel: #ulyssis
Using our web IRC client
If you won't regularly use our IRC or if you just want to check it out, you can use our web IRC client instead. You can find it at webirc.ulyssis.org.
Using irssi in a Screen
Our IRC server isn't very crowded and as you only see messages when you're connected, we advise you to run irssi in a screen. Members can run a screen on our shellservers, as they keep running 24/7 you can use them to keep track of your conversations.
Connect to the shellserver
Use the ssh command in the linux or mac terminal or PuTTY to connect on windows. Extensive information on how to do so can be found on Accessing shell servers over SSH.
Start irssi in a screen
- When on the shellserver, enter
screento start a screen.
irssito start irssi in that screen.
- Connect to the IRC server:
- Connect to the public channel:
- To exit the screen: press Ctrl-A and press D ('detach') to return to the shellserver.
- To reconnect: enter
screen -DR(the latter will create a new screen if it wasn't already made).
- Help I can't connect to my screen!
- Check if you are on the right shellserver and didn't make a typing error.
- If everything is correct, your screen may have been stopped by a crash of our shellserver. You can check the status section of our website for more information about possible downtimes.